Enhancement of Online Learning System
Grace Hill (US), a leading provider of online education in the multifamily apartment housing industry.
The project was launched in April, 2015. The customer had a learning platform with the following advanced features:
- Branding and configuration
- Customized learning tracks
- Ongoing training
- Leaderboards and social
- All inclusive calendars
- Custom content creation
- Integration and single sign-on.
The learning management system (LMS) enables users to build their own courses, transform webinars into teaching content, select learning objects tailored for each individual, and track engagement through course completion.
|Operating Systems||Windows family, Mac OS|
|Software & Tools used||RubyMine, MySQL|
The goal of the project is to replatform the existing LMS from ColdFusion to Ruby / Ruby on Rails and extend its functionality using advanced learning science principles. The new features include employee retention tools, onboarding, leaderboards, social engagement, budgeting, buy-in, and training and assessment tools.
IBA renders the following services:
- Design & development of the LMS application
- Design & development of a data migration tool
- Revision of DB structure
- Functional and non-functional testing of the LMS application and content
- Design, implementation, execution, analysis, and control
- Manual and automated testing (Selenium WebDriver)
- Preparation and maintaining of documents
- Problem and error analysis
- Bug fixing
- Data migration
- Application support.
The newly developed LMS demonstrated high performance and stability, resulting in end user satisfaction. The customer received an up-to-date platform for dynamic work distribution and intelligent management. The system is user-friendly and combines an industry-leading LMS with best-in-class professional skills and compliance training courseware in one powerful customizable platform.