Integrated Contract Management
World IT leader
The Integrated Contract Management (ICM) system is a web–based information system that gathers contract–related financial and healthcare information from different sources, including project management tools, claims, ledgers, customer billing systems, and third party orders and invoices. Through the consolidation of this data, workflows and reports, ICM enables contract management to be embedded within management systems of our customer.
The solution provides key information to project managers, brand project managers, partners, as well as to project, delivery excellence, and other executives. It allows for managing and controlling of both the financial and non–financial status of projects & contracts.
The core capabilities are the following:
- Project financial information
- Forecast input via financial or hours–based forecast
- Forecast automatically fed to contract systems (SAP and other)
- Delivery start, monthly, and target plan workflows
- Seven–key assessment and non–financial assessments
- View of a breakdown structure by contract or brand
- Delegation management
- Actions/tasks management
- Automated alerts for out of line situations
- Automated mails for actions due.
IBA integrated and transformed numerous contract management systems that served individual locations or divisions in a single system. A number of legacy applications were replaced with up–to–date modules. The IBA activities within the project include the following.
- Full lifecycle development, namely requirements analysis–design–development–testing–UAT testing–move to production
- Integration of various data sources
- Large data volume analysis using SQL queries
- ETL jobs design & development using IBM DataStage
- Report design & development using Cognos BI
- Level 2 & Level 3 user support
- User access administration.
- Operating systems: AIX, Linux
- Databases/DW: DB2, DataStage
- Programming languages: Java, JEE, Stored procedures, SQL, Java Script, Shell scripts
- Technologies: Dojo, Spring, widgets, ETL
- Project management tools: RTC, IBM Connections.
As the project is still in progress, the following are its intermediate results.
- The initial Web based version was delivered in 2008. This application served for one business line of our customer, covered above 100 countries, and finally was chosen as a prototype solution for the whole company (all business lines and brands). At this step, the applications initially named as Book of Business were re–named to ICM. It was sunset in February 2015. The above 50 releases were delivered
- The initial prototype of a new ICM system went live for China and Germany in 2010
- Another major release was completed in 2012
- The ICM Reporting dashboard was released for China and Germany in 2012
- The next release of redesigned and extended functionalities was implemented in 2013. At this point, ICM supported all business lines and brands
- Six releases of ICM BMS (both an application and reporting) were deployed on time in 2014
- Lots of migrations were successfully performed. Old contract management systems were replaced with the new ICM system across all divisions and branches of our customer
- Cost reduction was achieved because a unified solution replaced many old applications.