BSUIR Celebrates 50th Anniversary
In March, 2014, the Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics (BSUIR) is celebrating the 50th anniversary of its foundation. BSUIR is the largest scientific and educational center of the Republic of Belarus in the field of computer science, radio, and electronics. With its modern equipment, devices and technologies, the university provides top quality education recognized worldwide.
Sergei Levteev, IBA Group Chairman, is a BSUIR graduate and a Presidium Member of the International Public Association of Graduates and Trustees of BSUIR.
For IBA Group, cooperation with universities is among focus areas. IBA and BSUIR have good and long–lasting relations. Mikhail Batura, BSUIR Rector, invited IBA Group to participate in the festivities.
On February 27, BSUIR held a ceremony of a BSUIR 50th Anniversary postage stamp cancellation. The ceremony opened a series of festive events to be held in Minsk, Belarus. The program of the events also includes:
- 24th International Readings Great Reformers of Natural Science: Nicolaus Copernicus
- Happy Birthday, BSUIR!, an event for young people featuring a student dance flash mob with supporting music and light, singing songs dedicated to the university, and a speech of Mr. Batura
- Exhibition of vintage computers where more than 100 unique items are showcased and a game area is available
- Exhibition of BSUIR achievements and excursions for BSUIR graduates
- International scientific conference
- Extended meeting of the University Council
- Festive student disco.
To mark the BSUIR anniversary, IBA Group made BSUIR a present. IBA Group supplied a high–performance storage system, a computer for processing of the information collected during expeditions and folk festivals, and equipment required to improve performance of social, educational, and psychological services.
Follow the links below to see the history of IBA–BSUIR collaboration: