Certification of Power Networks at Gomelenergo: SAP PM Solution
The SAP Global Delivery Center of IBA Group completed a project on the implementation of a SAP PM solution for Gomelenergo, a state-owned energy provider.
IBA IT Park commissioned the Information System for Certification of Electrical Power Networks (IS CEPN) in October this year. The system provided for the creation of a single database of the Gomelenergo’s critical equipment that includes substations, electrical lines, and local area distribution networks of Gomel Region.
The electronic register of production assets of Gomelenergo was designed to facilitate the search of technical objects and electrical power network units in the database of the company. The management of the maintenance and repair system became standardized, unified and better centralized.
The introduction of the Information System for Certification of Electrical Power Networks into commercial operation enabled the customer to achieve the following objectives:
• Carry out certification of the company’s equipment
• Link the elements of equipment databases with the fixed assets directory (Accounting IS), with the hierarchy of cost centers (integration with controlling), and with the organizational structure of the company
• Provide real time generation of managerial, statistical and other types of documentation for a variety of business processes
• Launch a mechanism responsible for the creation and handling of maintenance orders, defining calculation rules, writing off components and third-party services, and calculating maintenance orders
• Introduce new features including equipment malfunction and failure alerts, cause analysis, and short-term operational planning
• Integrate the new Information System with other SAP ERP modules that are already active, including CO, FI, FI-AA, MM, and PS.
As a result, Gomelenergo was able to set up a single system to manage the equipment of the entire company. The parties are planning a further development of the system that would use SAP Work Manager for diagnostics, maintenance, equipment repair, and input of technical data via mobile devices.
In his review, Sergey Bobovich, General Manager of Gomelenergo, concludes that “the professionalism and coordination of the project team have ensured timely completion of the project, while the quality of services provided will definitely lay the basis for mutually beneficial cooperation in the near future”.