IBM Day 2014
On March 5, IBA Group in cooperation with IBM EE/A and NETKOM, an IBM distributor in the CIS countries, conducted the workshop IBM Day 2014 in Minsk, Belarus.
The seminar was dedicated to innovative IBM–based solutions that IBA offers to its Belarusian customers.
Timur Bronitsky, Head of IBM CIS Regional Business, Mikhail Shamarin, Netcom Director of Sales, and Sergei Akoulich, First Deputy Chairman of the Board at IBA Group and IBA IT Park CEO, welcomed the audience.
Bronitsky said: “Given the rapidly changing situation on the market, the optimization of manufacturing and nonmanufacturing costs is becoming increasingly important. The IBM software meets this challenge. Today, we will discuss the creation of city management systems within the concept of Smart City.”
Akoulich added: “IBA Group in cooperation with IBM creates efficient, reliable, and scalable systems based on IBM software products. We see our primary objective as the sustainable development and effective performance of our customers' businesses.”
This year, the annual IBM workshop conducted by IBA Group was expanded and included:
- General meeting where new IBM products and IBA Group solutions were presented
- Breakout sessions for representatives of local banks, insurance companies, manufacturing enterprises, and governing bodies
- Panel discussion on the trends of e–services in Belarus.
At the general meeting, the participants discussed the following topics:
- Smart City concept by IBM
- Integrated solutions based on IBM WebSphere
- Evolution of Chancellor software product family: new functionality, new opportunities
- IBM security solutions
- Background, current state, and future development for IBM collaboration systems.
At the breakout session Business solutions for banking and financial institutions, the participants made the following presentations:
- Process–specific document workflow for banking and financial institutions. Archival storage of documents.
- IBM Cognos–based banking system of planning. Highlights, case studies, and corporate cooperation in financial and management reporting
- IBM TRIRIGA for real estate management
- Enterprise data warehouse. A basis for creation of analytical systems
- IBM solutions for master data management.
At the breakout session Solutions for public authorities and industrial sector, the participants spoke about:
- System of technological document workflow for railway cargo transportation based on IBM WebSphere Application Server
- Creation of asset management systems based on IBM Maximo
- Systems of corporate performance management (CPM) based on IBM Cognos
- Best practices of implementing IBM Cognos BI solutions at state–owned enterprises
- IBM Big Data Solutions.
At the panel discussion E–services trends in Belarus, the panelists argued on the following topics:
- Electronic identity document of a citizen
- Nationwide automated information system: a single portal of electronic services
- Interdepartmental system of electronic document management
- Public services of Customs Union and other CIS countries
- Smart City program.
In addition, IBA showcased Chancellor, its proprietary software suite at a demonstration stand.
Over 100 guests attended IBM Day 2014, including executives and experts of manufacturing enterprises, banking and financial institutions, insurance companies, and representatives of ministries and government bodies.