IBA Group Wins Bronze at SAP Coder 2017
On June 28, 2017, the finals of the SAP Coder competition took place in Moscow, Russia. CIOs, team leaders, and leading architects of business solutions attended the event. The IBA Group project Smart Refrigerator won the third place in the category SAP Cloud Development Challenge.
SAP Coder is the first online competition organized by SAP CIS for individual developers, teams, and companies seeking to use the most advanced approaches in their work. SAP CIS is planning to conduct the competition annually.
More than 50 teams participated in the contest. The finalists of the contest demonstrated their solutions to the panel of judges that awarded the winners. At the awarding ceremony, IBA Group and other winners received an annual subscription to the SAP Cloud Platform and the opportunity to promote their solution on the SAP App Center and SAP Forum 2018.
According to the rules of the competition, the participants were developing their own applications to meet real business challenges offered by SAP customers in Russia. The task was to develop using SAP HANA Cloud, an innovative open cloud platform offering digital services for the Internet of Things (IoT), machine learning, predictive analytics, and other advanced business scenarios.
IBA Group developed the Smart Fridge application based on the IoT concept. Using different detectors, the application provides complete control over the storage and refrigeration equipment.
The application features
- Setup of a multilevel structure for warehouse and refrigeration equipment. For example, Warehouse — Refrigerator – Storage stand — Section (place)
- Display of the warehouse location on the map
- Display of the sensor data in graphs, including the availability of goods, temperature, and power capacity
- Notifications about the goods that have expired or expire soon
- Access to the application from PC, phone, and tablet
- Scaling the application to any commercial requirements.
Benefits for business
- Lower storage costs
- Reduction of losses when recycling the expired products
- Optimization of the loading of refrigeration equipment
- Cutting down the electricity costs.