SAP Enterprise Mobility Solution
The SAP Mobile Platform (SMP) comprises a development environment called Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP), the Afaria mobile device management tool, and a suite of ready–made mobile applications. SMP can be easily integrated into an existing information system, providing for remote work with corporate data.
Based on SUP, IBA Group developed a mobile application designed to retrieve information about partners and completed projects using a mobile device.
The mobile application performs the following basic functions.
- Presentation of information as map graphics or as text with a possibility to display lists of items
- Quick filtering and sorting of partners and projects using different criteria
- Online and offline modes of operation
- Possibility to view project descriptions and accompanying project documents
- Possibility to enter comments.
The implementation of the enterprise mobile solution based on the SAP Mobile Platform provides the following benefits.
- Irrespective of their whereabouts, organization's employees can remotely receive and process data from corporate information systems
- Employees can work with data in online and offline modes
- It is possible to integrate different information systems with any mobile device to be able to finalize documents and business tasks, as well as receive reports in suitable time.
IBA Group provides the following services in the area of mobile development with regard to SAP enterprise mobility.
- Development of native applications on SAP Mobile Platform
- Support of mobile platforms, including iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile / Windows Phone 8
- Design of user interface (UI).
Mobile Client For SAP Equipment Maintenance
The IBA-developed solution Mobile Client for SAP Equipment Maintenance (EM) provides additional capabilities for the SAP EM system implemented by IBA at a number of enterprises.
Developed for Android platform, the SAP EM mobile client provides remote access to the requests for equipment maintenance and repairs. Using securely encrypted asynchronous data transmission, the solution enables customers to synchronize their pocket PCs, including tablets and smartphones, with the SAP EM system.
Using the Mobile Client for SAP EM, experts in maintenance and repairs can carry out the following transactions:
- Receive/create a Request for EM
- Receive/ create a Notice of Failure.
To start the work, the user goes through the authorization process entering his or her login and password. The main screen shows the time of the previous synchronization and the following objects:
- Pictures of objects
- Reference books.
To maintain data, the application imports SAP EM reference books from the system and continually carries out synchronization. To create a new Request for EM or a Notice of Failure, the Mobile Client for SAP EM uses SAP EM reference books uploaded to the mobile device. The user needs only to choose an employee in charge, a technical location, and defective equipment, and to describe the malfunction. In addition, the system allows for handling multiple requests created from a single location. Thus it becomes possible to describe the problem in detail.
The option data of malfunction includes:
- Time of failure and its localization
- Signs of equipment failure
- Specified period of malfunction repair.
The option Geolocation allows for displaying the user's current location on a map. The user is able to set a marker for defective equipment. Using the option Applications, it is possible to view the attached pictures or to add pictures from the built–in camera or from the protected gallery Object Pictures. The pictures are identified by name, message number, and GPS coordinates. The user can also create other images that are not linked to messages. In addition, the user is able to switch between location marker, messages, and pictures.
The solution Mobile Client for SAP EM enables the user to:
- Enter data to the SAP EM system remotely from the object where maintenance or repairs are required
- Create a message in online and offline modes, apply certain filters to messages (number and place of creation, terms of performance)
- Access the List of Messages, view messages downloaded from the SAP system as well as created on the device, and search for messages online using various filters
- Use the built–in Geolocation module to define GPS coordinates of the object.
The Mobile Client for SAP EM supports multiple languages. The application is integrated with the SAP EM system. All actions executed by any user are immediately available for processing to all the services engaged in the business process.
Additional functions and enhancements:
- Implementation status, responsible employees
- Filtering tasks /activities for the day / week / month for a team / employee
- Geographic location by regular /event
- Mobile warehouse.
The Mobile Client for SAP EM enables companies to reduce loss of working hours and costs of business–critical operations. The scalable mobile solution allows for business process management online and regardless of location.
Mobile Client for Enterprise Asset Management
Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) is specifically relevant for asset–intensive industries with a network infrastructure that includes pipelines, tunnels, roads, railroads, and electric grids.
The key feature of the solution is close integration with map services. Using a mobile client, end users identify their current location and the location of the incoming requests. For requests, descriptive information is provided, a list of required tasks, and a list of attached assets. Additionally, a request can contain related graphic marks on a map. For example, an air conditioner goes out of order at a big plant. A map will show to a service person the plant entrance, the route through the plant territory, the required actions, and the air conditioner's location. It is possible to update the marks using a mobile client and the changes will be synchronically reflected in the basic system. Using the application, one can also take a photo before and after the repair, and the application automatically links it to GPS coordinates. The employees that are assigned the role of master or head of the repair group can see on the mobile the location of repair crews and make efficient decisions in case of emergency. The application also displays statistics and diagrams.
- Several business roles with different instruments and functionality
- Integration with map applications: shows assets coordinates, tracks teams relocation, and allows to put graphical remarks right on the map
- Supports photography and reads barcodes
- Graphical visualization for statistics and KPIs.
- Integration with SAP EAM, IBM Maximo or other EAM systems
- Extensive interaction with native mobile features, including embedded photo camera and GPS
- Native development for Android
- User interface optimized for smartphones and tablets.