Network Resource Management on IBM SmartCloud Control Desk
AzerTelecom is a telecommunication operator in Azerbaijan. Established in 2008, AzerTelecom provides international fixed telephone connection, internet, and data and voice transmission.
The project was aimed at the automation of the customer’s business processes using IBM SmartCloud Control Desk (IBM Maximo). AzerTelecom intended to automate:
- Asset and configuration management for centralized data warehousing, including the data on passports, hardware configuration, and equipment location with visualization on Google maps
- Management of service requests, including requests on new circuit allocation with approval process, and status monitoring.
- Management of service catalog for numerous business departments of the customer to provide a convenient procedure for submitting requests and monitoring their status.
The duration of the project was seven months. The project team comprised specialists certified in the IBM SmartCloud Control Desk (IBM Maximo) deployment, a process consultant, and a project manager.
The project consisted of two main stages.
IBA Group installed IBM Maximo, created a development and testing environment, and trained customer personnel. This included:
- Creation of testing environment and documenting the setup and installation procedures
- Integration with the LDAP server of the customer
- Creation of the development environment with subsequent training of the customer personnel to the IBM Maximo system tuning and customization
- Remote demonstration of the configuration’s migration procedure between environments for testing, development, and production
- Creation of manuals for Migration Manager.
IBA Group implemented the network resources management system and new circuit allocation process.
IBA Group responsibilities included the following:
- Create an asset and configuration classifier
- Load the customer’s data in IBM Maximo
- Design business processes of service request management
- Automate the Azertelecom’s business processes
- Set up the reporting
- Create user manual and administrator manual
- Train customer’s development team
- Supervise the customer's team for Service Catalog implementation.
IBM SmartCloud Control Desk (IBM Maximo V7.5.1), IBM DB2 9.7, MS Active Directory, IBM WebSphere 7.0, IBM Cognos reporting, IBM BIRT reporting
The fixed price project was completed in full compliance with the terms of the contract, accepted by the customer, and successfully put into commercial operation.