DEVOPS AS A SERVICE FOR MAINFRAME
Your transformation to a flexible service delivery model. Want to be agile but think it is impossible with mainframes? Looking to improve collaboration between software development and operations teams? Need to speed up software delivery? We are here to lead you on the way to continuous delivery and continuous integration.
DevOps enable a rapid “dialogue” with customers
It’s not just about delivering ideas faster and more efficiently. It’s about enabling the business to reliably have better, more relevant, and more timely ideas in the first place. Your business shouldn’t relies on guesswork to drive new features (truly customercentric and data driven)
WHAT PROBLEMS MAINFRAME DEVOPS SOLVE
- Bridge the divide between mainframes and other infrastructure,
- Optimize DevOps pipeline tool sets
- Add mainframe dev and test capacity, without increasing your MIPS or/and enable to test application change faster and more reliably without relying on mainframe resources
- DevOps decrease operating and testing costs thanks to automation and continuous improvement
- Reduce time to market time from months to weeks and weeks to hours or minutes
- Reduce manual operations, such as code build, environment setup and customization, installation of a new level of code, all levels of testing, etc.
- Code standardizing – well-structured and fast code
- Reduce error-prone manual deployment
- Automatic code-review
- Collaboration within teams as much as never before
- Visibility and control at all stages of the development cycle
- Enable system thinking, which means that employees are working within a culture of shared responsibility, transparency and quick feedback
- Free people from routine repetitive tasks to go do more creative things, reduce stress and overtimes
- Help to recruit young mainframe talents
- Enable better deliver value to customers and outpace the competition
BENEFITS OF USING OUR DEVOPS
- Our teams are well balanced – we have a stable core of highly qualified mainframe professionals and at least 25 young people are trained and employed for z platform every year. We performed hackathons and generate new ideas for the development of the mainframe culture.
- We are reliable partners – we have a history of 25+ years of mainframe excellence and implemented 100+ projects, several of our z/OS Solutions were admitted by IT Europa Awards.
- We can even play with mainframes as we have more than 7500+ projects of z/OS Mainframe overall experience.
FLEXIBLE TO YOUR NEEDS
We build pipeline constructor where each can choose tools and platforms they would like to use and can be flexible to choose the infrastructure configuration. It’s already presented on mainframe application teams, and can be adapted accordingly and/or we can create custom code for diff processes (i.e. Code review).
DEVOPS TECH COACHES
We are experienced in design DevOps for DevOps and implementing DevOps culture in our mainframe projects.
We need to build DevOps culture. Employees adhere to the system thinking, which means they are working within a culture of shared responsibility, transparency and quick feedback. These factors are the foundation of mutual understanding, trust and, consequently, effective collaboration and it makes process more Agile.
For example, for our team, after applying DevOps, we started work as real Agile team, sprint by sprint.
There is enormous waste in a typical IT environment with people waiting for other people and other machines or they are stuck solving the same problems over and over again. Pipeline makes deployments predictable and free people from routine repetitive tasks to go do more creative things.
For example, we implemented the idea to send e-cards to developers when a successful deployment took place during the holidays like International Women’s day.
All of you know, that deployment of new processes, systems and applications is much more fast using DevOps pipeline. DevOps deployment will make your business operations more efficient. You will be able to deliver results faster, because the whole process of development and deployment will take much less time for employees.
We build DevOps pipelines according to main lean principles – understand the purpose of each tool, reduce the number of tools and maximize the opportunities of selected stack tools and technologies.
We can propose our customer cheaper approach than the alternative option of expanding mainframe capacity.
We are multi-facet we are working with a huge range of technologies to build DevOps and can modernize existing development lifecycle using available tools of our customer to get fast frequent and save deployments to production.
Ultimately it’s not about delivering old code faster; it’s about removing barriers to innovation in core products and processes.
Kurt Bittner and Robert Stroud, “Digital Transformation Needs Mainframe DevOps”, 8 Forrester report, 2016
HOW TO MAKE DEVOPS WORK FOU YOU?
Preliminary call sessions to determine take-over scope, preparing a checklist for provisional understanding environment and applications.
We analyze, you – oversee the process
We recommend this one-day workshop as a part of our managed service to develop a pragmatic approach for the adoption of DevOps practices.
There are three core things you get out of it:
1. DevOps Education,
2. Objective Analysis on what we’ve heard from you and observed.
3. Provide you with a summary of recommendations.
This phase consists of 2 parts:
- Delivery Stream Mapping
- Design Pipeline Tool Kit
We develop a transformation plan and solution, you – finalize and approve the plan and solution.
Start work with a single customer’s team, create clear documentation, estimate the results according KPI DevOps card.
*We develop a minimal viable product (MVP) of CI/CD, you – use a one push button pipeline.
IBA DevOps tech coach will work with customers team to ensure DevOps adoption in your mainframe teams.
We implement new features based on continuous feedback, you – use new features
We make DevOps a unified and standardized process and provide consulting on DevOps, you – introduce DevOps in your culture and processes and expand DevOps.