Mainframe & Multiplatform Software
IBA Group has special expertise in mainframe software development, both system and applied, and in legacy systems migration. Our expertise comes from the unique experience of our developers whose background includes system and application development for IBM mainframes and other computer platforms. Almost 30 percent of IBA IT professionals are engaged in mainframe systems and applications development and support. IBA Group has extensive experience in the development, maintenance, and support of system and applied software on all IBM platforms (System z, System p, System i, and System x), as well as on Sun SPARC. IBM has appointed IBA as a Premier Business Partner.
Mainframe System Experience
- Installation of OS/390, z/OS, VM/ESA, z/VM, z/Linux, BS2000/OSD
- Maintenance of OS/390, z/OS, VM/ESA, z/VM, z/Linux
- System administration for USS (MVS Open Edition) systems
- Remote operating system maintenance and support
- DB2, IMS, CICS, MQSeries, DFSMS, and RACF administration
- System monitoring, problem situations analysis and fixing
- Systems, DASD and databases’ performance measurement and optimization
- Customization of systems
- End user training
Operating Systems: z/OS, z/VM, z/Linux, BS2000/OSD, POSIX for BS 2000/OSD, OS/390/360/370, VM/ESA, MVS, and VSE
Data Management: DB2, IMS/DB, and ADABAS
Programming Languages: PL/1, COBOL, Assembler 370/390, PLX, C/C++, JAVA, JCL, REXX, CLIST, SPL, Natural, CA Gen, EGL
Products and Tools: DFSMS dss hsm rmm; RACF; ECMVS; TSO, ISPF, SDSF; Tivoli WS/OPCE, OPC, CICS; WebSphere MQ; SCLM, SMP/E, RTC, RCQ; Tivoli OMEGAMON XE; Tivoli Storage Manager; RDz, RAD; Websphere AS; IMS Connect; MQ Connect; CICS Web Support, CICS Transaction Gateway; HATS, IEF, IBM InfoSphere DataStage.
Whether you are building mainframe applications from the ground up or migrating your current mainframe systems to a new environment, we can help. Our experience allows us to bridge the gap between old and new technologies, the result being practical business tools that help you move your business forward.
Mainframe Programming Experience
- Development, enhancement and support of business applications
- Development of z/OS, BS 2000/OSD system utilities
- Development of User Interfaces (Front-Ends) for 3270 terminal
- Development and maintenance of software based on middleware solutions across different applications, operating systems and platforms
- Database modeling for different business applications
- Development and optimization of database structure
- Data transformation
- Migration of legacy applications to/from mainframe environment
- Report integration
APPULSE is a centralized support platform for business applications that run on z/OS servers.
Designed for Level 1 and Level 2 support, APPULSE provides uninterrupted operation of critical business applications, resulting from proactive problem identification and resolution.
Option to execute solution suggested by AI module or implement own solution with possibility to transfer problem to relevant system support.
- Easy mainframe application support
- Business continuity
- Increased performance of support teams