IBM SoftWare Day 2010
On March 24, IBA in cooperation with IBM Eastern Europe/Asia (IBM EE/A) and Netkom conducted a workshop.
The workshop “Smart Ideas for Smarter Planet” was designed to present IBM ideas and approaches to saving costs and resources, and more effective management of enterprise information systems in the current economic conditions.
Sergei Levteev, IBA CEO; Sergei Tabulin, IBM EE/A Sales Director; and Vadim Gorodetskiy, Netkom CEO addressed the participants with a welcoming speech.
At the workshop, IBA, IBM and Netcom delivered presentations on the following topics:
- IBM Cognos Solutions for Business Analysis and Planning: IBM Cognos 8
- Effective Groupware for Effective Business (IBM Lotus)
- Smart Business Processes, Data Unification and Consolidation (IBM Information Management)
- Creation of Effective Information Systems Using SOA (IBM WebSphere+SOA)
- Smart Archiving and Storage (IBM FileNet)
- Infrastructure Management (IBM Tivoli Automation, Storage)
- Provision of Security for Smart Infrastructure (IBM Tivoli Security)
- IBM Tivoli Maximo–based Management of Assets and Services
- Effective Workflow Management in the Time of Crisis
- IBA Chancellor: New Solutions and Approaches to Electronic Document Interchange
CEOs, CIOs and other top executives, heads of IT departments, experts in finance and business analysis, and IT experts from 69 banking and financial institutions, insurance companies, manufacturing enterprises, and government institutions attended the event.
Sergei Levteev, IBA CEO, comments: “Given the current situation, organizations and companies should adapt to quickly changing economic conditions. The IBM-based business solutions that IBA proposes to its customers enable them to process huge data arrays, analyze information, and find innovative approaches in business process optimization”.
Levteev adds: “I suppose that no other means of communication can replace a live and proactive dialogue between IT solution providers and their customers. IBA uses such events to estimate accurately companies’ requirements to IT products and solutions.”