Master Data Management Using SAP MDM
Initiated by the stakeholders, the project was driven by the following challenges:
- Excessive stock levels and insufficient return on investment (ROI)
- Previous attempts to implement SAP failed (for 7 years)
- Customer wished to retain legacy of Financials Accounting application
- Low quality of master data (duplicates, inconsistences).
As a starting point of the Master Data Management solution, IBA Group developed Master Data Management Methodology and Data Cleansing Criteria. The Methodology covers master data on business partners and material management, as well as related data collections, including descriptions of data models, business processes and organizational changes. As a part of the project, IBA Group created a customer-specific Classifier of material master data.
IBA Group implemented the Master Data Management solution to support the Master Data Management Methodology. The solution is based on SAP MDM, SAP BPM, Netweaver Portal, WebdynProJava and SAP PI.
Within the scope of the project, the legacy business processes and applications of our customer were replaced by new business processes based on the relevant SAP functional modules.
- Reduction of Material Master Records from 250,000 to 80,000
- Decrease of the stock levels by 30%