Mainframe DevOps Webinar (Video)
Historically, IBM mainframe and zOS world has been a very siloed, closed discipline. Everyone in the mainframe community has built their solutions and kept most of their information to themselves.
We modernized and populated a new approach that broke the cycle of ad hoc web searching or reaching to fellow engineers for mainframe solutions. Our new approach gave our teams a single hub they could search to find answers to their mainframe questions.
Ultimately, we developed a GitHub repository for all things mainframe accumulating 25+ years of experience from 500+ of our Mainframe CoE fellow engineers.
At first, we kept this repository internal to prove that it worked. Now we are sharing our repository with the community as an open-source project.
We held a webinar for mainframe developers on April,22. In this session we shared how you can bring open-source to the zOS and how anyone from the mainframe community can:
- Save a lot of time, effort, and frustration when solving mainframe problems.
- Throw out some of your technical folders, notebooks, files, and sticky notes.
- Discover a lot of useful, hard-to-find mainframe information in one place.
- Learn some new, modern approaches to mainframe administration.
- Bring real-world DevOps practices to your mainframe function.
- Contribute your knowledge to the mainframe community.