IBA Group At Silk Road 2011 Forum
On November 11, IBA Group participated in the international transport and logistics forum Silk Road 2011 that was held within the international conference “TRANSEURASIA–2011: Transit. Business. Integration”. Organized by the Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Republic of Kazakhstan, National Center for Development of Transport Logistics of Kazakhstan, and Kazakh Railway, the event took place in Astana, Kazakhstan.
Being the first top–flight event in logistics and supply chain management in Kazakhstan, the forum in aimed at engaging government and business community in a dialogue on transport logistics issues.
The forum gathered representatives of the Kazakh Ministry of Industry and New Technologies, Ministry of Transport and Communications, and a number of transport authorities; foreign companies engaged in transport, logistics, and IT; Association for Central and Northern Europe, Baltic, Pacific and South–East Asia; and customs brokers.
At the plenary session, the participants discussed the following key topics:
- Current economic situation and commodity movement: from procurement to end buyer
- State policy of the transport and logistics industry
- Master plan for the transport and logistics system of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Master plan for creation and integrated development of the free economic zone “Khorgos East Gate”
- 5C. Standards of transport logistics
- Projects “Silk Road: Transit Potential” and “Implementation of Supply Chain Management”.
In addition to the plenary session, the program of the conference included master classes of international experts in transport logistics and roundtable discussions on development of transport logistics throughout Central Asia.
Gennady Molchanov, Sales Director for the CIS; Alexander Kovalev, Technical Director of the IBA e–Business Division; Yuri Ponomarenko, Deputy Head of the IBA Marketing Department for the CIS, and Alexander Asanov, IBA Kz Director, represented IBA Group at the event.