Technical assessment before migration to S/4HANA
Why is technical assessment important?
SAP ERP systems will be supported until 2040 — ERP users are preparing to move to S/4HANA. We offer to make a technical assessment before the migration to SAP S/4HANA. Assessment results can help you cut down on migration budget and terms.
Here is what you get:
- A statement of work for migration services.
- A list of objects, which can be converted automatically.
- A list of improvements and recommendations for S/4HANA innovation activation.
- Migration budget and terms evaluation based on risk analysis.
- S/4HANA migration approaches, listing the advantages and disadvantages of each choice.
- Small and medium-sized enterprises (up to 200 users): 3-4 months
- Large enterprises: 7-9 months (depends on system size)
SCMON runs for 1 month minimum, the optimum is 4-6 months. The best option is to launch it 1 month prior to the end of thecompany’s fiscal year and continue monitoring for 4 months at least. In this case, Code usage report will contain all types of fiscal closings (month, quarter, year). In other periods of a year this SAP ERP functionality may stay inactive.
First stage duration:
- 1/ Minimum SCMON running time: 1 month
- 2/ Optimum SCMON running time: 4 –6 months
To make sure the customer’s systems are compatible with S/4HANA (Conversion Pre-check), special utilities are run on the existing landscape to check add-ons, business solutions, and dependent applications.
We divide Long list of Errors into clusters. Then we evaluate unused code, analyze data and object errors. On this stage we define scope of conversions to be made and the required software tools.
The stage takes 4 – 6 weeks at least, and is carried out by a S/4 solution and S/4 technical team.
On this stage we analyze which of S/4HANA innovations (Simplification List) can and should be activated. We also define final list of legacy objects to be converted to S/4HANA.
The stage takes 2 weeks minimum and is carried out by a S/4 solution architect in collaboration with a business process owner from the customer side.
Statement of work and recommendations for migration strategy are provided.
The stage takes 2 weeks at least, and is executed by a solutionarchitect.