IBA Wins Best High–Tech Project
On November 26, the organizers of the Belarusian contest of innovative projects announced the winners. Launched in January 2010, the contest was organized by the Belarusian State Committee for Science and Technology, the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus, and the National Academy of Sciences. IBA became the winner in the category Best High–Tech Project.
The contest was aimed at boosting innovative development, investments in innovations, and commercialization of scientific research results. The participants competed in the following two categories:
- Best Innovative Project
- Best Youth Innovative Project.
IBA applied in the category Best Youth Innovative Project and presented two projects:
- IBA PaymentSYSTEM. An integrated system of retail cashless payments. The system enables the cardholders to pay for public services, mobile and fixed line phone services using internet or their mobile phones.
- Creation of an interdepartmental system of electronic document management.
During the contest, the State Committee for Science and Technology of Belarus established the special category The Best High–Tech Project, and IBA with its project IBA PaymentSYSTEM became the winner in the category.
The IBA PaymentSYSTEM was developed in compliance with
- the Belarusian Council of Ministers' Resolution # 402 of March 24, 2006 “On state program of import substitution for the years 2006–2010” and
- “The state program of development of technical infrastructure supporting banking plastic cards use for the years 2006–2010” (joint resolution of the Council of Ministers and the National Bank of the Republic of Belarus of July 29, 2006).
To date, either the system or its components are implemented and successfully launched in 12 Belarusian banks.
On November 29, the award ceremony of the contest winners took place in Minsk, Belarus. At the event, Mikhail Myasnikovich, Chairman of the Presidium of the Academy of Sciences, congratulated the winners and wished them further success in creation of Belarusian high–tech products.
Alexei Gorshkov, head of the development team of the winning project, received the diploma.
In addition, Vitaliy Polikovskiy, project team lead, and the development team are awarded with a special diploma for participation in the contest.